Presenting his second rail budget, Union Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu has exhorted on government’s objective of making railways an engine of employment generation and increasing customer satisfaction by focusing on the ongoing projects rather than announcing new ones.Railways wants to spend Rs 8.5 lakh crore over five years towards modernization of railway infrastructure.44 new projects of 5300 km valuing Rs 92714 crore will be launched. There would be 2,800 kms of new railway tracks next year.
These are a few amenities in the Budget:
1. Lower berths for senior citizens.
2. Local cuisine of choice to be made available for passengers.
3. Hot water, baby food, milk to be introduced for travelling mothers.
4. Cancellation facility through helpline no 139.
5. Railways to introduce “Clean My Coach” service through SMS.
This budget will document a journey of transformation and journey of nation.